Are you seeking a fulfilling career working with children and helping them grow academically? Arts for Kids is interested in candidates for employment who:
desire to provide excellent early education and care for children
are team players
enjoy having fun and understand the importance of play
want to work with a center that believes in providing a quality environment for children, families and it's employees
are reliable in attendance
If you are interested in pursuing a position with Arts for Kids, please view our open positions below. We are always accepting applications, to prepare for current and future openings.
Current Open Positions:
Cook - North Fond du Lac
Enjoy cooking and working with young children? Arts for Kids is hiring a cook! As a cook, you will prepare healthy and tasty meals and snacks for the children in our center. Hours are Monday - Friday, approximately 6:45am -2:45pm. No weekends! No holidays!
When you join our team as a Cook you will:
· Maintain kitchen and related equipment safely and hygienically
· Order food and supplies
· Plan menus according to USDA requirements
· Complete timely and accurate documentation for licensing or regulation requirements.
· Go grocery shopping on a routine basis and as needed
· Prepare and delivery all meals and snacks to classrooms for a total of 120 children.
Required Skills and Experience:
· A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
· Familiarity with proper conditions and food storage, the ability to understand the needs of children with food allergies, and to implement methods of food cross-contamination avoidance.
· Ability to follow nutritious menus and prepare sufficient quantity of foods for center population
· Basic math skills required for measuring and calculating serving portions
· Willingness to take online or in-person trainings required for licensing or regulation requirements.
· Knowledge and experience with USDA Food Service guidelines.
· At least one year of institutional cooking -- food ordering experience highly desirable
· Two or more years of experience working with children, highly desirable
· Must be physically able to use the computer with basic proficiency and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds is strongly
· Ability to speak, read, and write English.
· Valid Drivers license
Arts for Kids offers:
*competitive wages that recognize education achievement and ECE experience
Benefits for full-time staff including:
*reduced child care rates of $13/day per child
*vacation after 1 year of employment
*sick pay and holiday pay after 90 days of employment
*health, dental, short-term disability, life, accidental, cancer indemnity and hospital insurance after 90 days of
*simple IRA retirement plan with 3% company match after 90 days of employment
*paid continuing education - up to $75/year after 90 days of employment
*participation in the T.E.A.C.H. and R.E.W.A.R.D. program.
To apply for any of the above positions, please download and complete the Arts for Kids Employment Application Form below. Completed or resumes applications can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts for Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that employment decisions be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, it is our policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind, including that which is sexual, age-related, or race based. This policy governs all aspects of employment including promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.